Liberty Baptist Church exists to glorify God by making disciples in Dalhart and around the world. We are currently in search of a new lead pastor to help lead our congregation in our God given mission. Below you will find some information about our process and the job description.
- Phase 1 is now complete. If you are interested in the positition, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phase 2 of the process will include telephone interviews and submitting an application.
- Phase 3 will consist of personal interviews and an invitation to come preach in view of a call.
Job Description/Lead Pastor
The Lead Pastor will meet the character qualifications of an Elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9. He is accountable to the pastoral team, and will serve alongside the pastors/elders to lead the church to fulfill our God-given mission. He must:
- Be a baptized, born-again disciple of Jesus Christ with a clear call and dedication to pastoral ministry and have the heart of a Shepherd.
- Model a growing, vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, an active prayer life and a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading.
- Be ordained, or ordainable.
- Have a masters degree or higher from an accredited, theologically-aligned seminary.
- Be in agreement with Liberty Baptist Church’s doctrinal statement.
- Be a Gospel-centered expositor of Scripture in the content of his teaching.
- Cultivate relationships to make disciples.
- (If married) Have a strong marriage with a spouse who shares God’s call to the church ministry and who wholeheartedly supports her husband in this undertaking.
Areas of Responsibility
Preaching & Prayer
- Plan the preaching calendar for the year
- Prepare and deliver compelling, exegetical sermons that are relevant, uncompromising and true to Scripture.
- Devote time to praying faithfully for the congregation
- Serve as the first among equals on the pastoral team.
- Develop and equip men in the MTP pipeline
- Disciple and develop key staff and church leadership.
- Help identify and develop new leaders within the church.
- Cultivate a culture of disciple making disciples that pervades our ministries
- Spend time outside of the office engaging the members of LBC in their homes and places of work
- Provide counsel to members when necessary
- Work with the pastoral team, deacons, and ministry leaders to develop a mission-driven annual plan and budget.
- In collaboration with the elder team, work to identify the specific areas in which LBC might connect and serve our local community
- Strategically plan and define desirable outcomes for potential initiatives
- Disciple and empower leaders and members for the work of the ministry